Sarpy County Visitors Committee Meeting Minutes
The Sarpy County Visitors Committee is pleased to be able to offer grant funding that promotes, encourages, and attracts visitors to Sarpy County. The funds for this program are made available through lodging tax revenue and must be used solely for the purpose of marketing and advertising to promote tourism in Sarpy County.
If your event fits the criteria of this initial overview and is compliant with the grant guidelines that follow below, print the grant forms and send them to the address on the application for review by the Sarpy County Visitors Committee.
Criteria for Assistance
- A Federal identification number is required in the submittal of an application. Priority will be given to non profit and public service organizations.
- Grant applications need to be submitted 60 days in advance of your event.
(NO EXCEPTIONS AFTER DECEMBER 31, 2012)
- The event sponsor will obtain all necessary local and state permits.
- Thirty days after the event a report will be submitted to the Sarpy County Visitors Committee giving final results. The report should state whether the objectives of the event were met, and if not, what circumstances led to the deficiency. The report should also state whether the event will be continued and what changes will be made to improve attendance.
- Grants are discretionary based upon available funds, other anticipated uses, and appropriateness and anticipated effectiveness of proposed use.
- The Sarpy County Visitors Committee will review grants on a first come, first served basis and must seek approval for grants and expenditures from the Sarpy County Commissioners.
- All grant applications may contain only one event for consideration. Applications with more than one event will be denied.
The granted dollar amount is at the discretion of the Sarpy County Visitors Committee and the Sarpy County Commissioners based on an evaluation of each event .
If you are planning reunions and expect out-of-town visitors, you may qualify for reimbursement of your mailing expenses. The sponsoring organization must be located in Sarpy County (Bellevue West, Papillion, Platteview High School, VFW, etc.), and predominant activities and lodging must be in Sarpy County.
Please download the following documents: